There are a lot of variables that can affect your ability to see our stream. Here's a few common things to watch out for and to check:
• Make sure you aren't using a mini-browser -- especially the Facebook mini-browser. Basically, be sure you are using a full fledged browser such as Safari, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc. Mini-browsers are typically built into other apps and allow you to view a good portion of the internet from within the app. Unfortunately, support for HTML5 is not very good in those mini-browsers-- and that's what you need to watch our stream.
• Make sure the browser you are using is up to date. For security reasons, many out of date browsers don't play HTML5 based live streams very well - if at all.
• Try a different browser. Sometimes your security settings won't allow certain things to work. So if you normally use one browser, maybe consider installing another to watch the live stream and keep the default settings in place for that purpose alone.
• Sometimes simply closing your browser down and reopening fresh can help (not just close a tab or window - but actually hitting the 'file' --> 'quit' option (or however your browser is worded) and trying again.
• When all else fails, try restarting your computer.
• If we are aware of an issue preventing us from streaming, we'll do our best to let you know on the watch page and possibly on our Facebook page -- but this does require us to have internet access and working computers / mobile devices -- so if our internet provider is having issues, we may not be able to post to our website (we can't update via a mobile device), but we can likely post to Facebook via a mobile connection. Again - we will do our best to let you know, but it may not always happen, so please be gracious.